BRITISH HELLENIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
CODE OF CONDUCT
The British Hellenic Chamber of Commerce (BHCC) is an independent, autonomous, non-profit organisation, funded solely by income from membership fees and profits arising from events and functions organised by the Chamber.
The main purpose of the British Hellenic Chamber of Commerce is to promote bilateral Greek-British trade and to provide business and investment services for its members. The BHCC represents members’ interests in both Greece and the UK.
As a Member of the British Hellenic Chamber of Commerce, I/we recognize that membership is a privilege and that a member owns the responsibility to follow the Code of Conduct. The Chamber’s Code of Conduct intends to, without exception, require members of the BHCC to:
- Conduct business in a respectable manner, to reflect ethically upon the business community and fellow Chamber members.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the British Hellenic Chamber of Commerce and represent the Chamber accordingly.
- Abstain from demeaning the business practices of fellow members and refrain from engaging in unethical practices.
- Not to speak on behalf of the Chamber as having authority to do so unless specifically requested or instructed or otherwise having obtained prior consent to do so from the Executive Committee of the Board of the Chamber.
- Not to issue, by any means, malicious, inflammatory, critical, or abusive messages or statements in relation to the Chamber or its members, invitees or guests.
- To act in accordance with the laws, rules, and regulations of Greece.
- Not to share personal data of any individual to any third party without the prior consent of that individual.
- Not to spam or use personal data in a manner that may be deemed inappropriate.
- Not to imply the Chamber's permission or collaboration in your communications if you do not have the Chamber’s consent.
- Respect the role of the Chamber Staff.
Failure to commit to the above, may result in termination of BHCC Membership.
Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy
The Chamber is committed to a policy that prohibits discrimination, harassment or sexual harassment. For this reason, it will be the policy of the Chamber to comply with all applicable local laws relating to discrimination or harassment.
Chamber members should respect this policy in matters involving race, gender, age, sexual orientation or sexual identity, political or religious affiliation, and to act in a manner free of discrimination, harassment or sexual harassment.
Members participating in Chamber activities who do not comply and discriminate against a fellow Chamber member or harass them, risk their participation in future Chamber events and activities and/or even their membership to the Chamber.
Athens, February 2022